IMAGINE THE WORLD!
Hay Festival brings readers and writers together for a 10 day festival in May to share stories and ideas in sustainable events around the world. The festival inspires, examines and entertains, inviting participants to imagine the world as it is and as it might be.
- On demand proportional load share generators
- Cabling and Distribution
- Site lighting
- HVO Fuel management
- 12 venues
- 46 food vendors
- 6 bars
- 1 giant book shop!
- 1.8mW of power generation
- 18kM of cabling
- Over 200 distribution boards
- 200 floodlights
-2.4km of festoon lighting
- The site structure layout is quite complex with a large amount of cabling required to pass under walkways during the 4 week build. Managing cable routes, timings and ensuring nothing is damaged is nothing short of a planning masterpiece each year!
- The festival continues to push for a reduction in its carbon footprint. We provided HVO green fuel in all generators and instigated a proportional load sharing generator system which links together 4 larger generators and 1 smaller machine which can run both overnight and during the build/break for a reduction in fuel usage and ultimately cost.
" In the past, we were occasionally made to feel fairly low down on the previous power providers priority list. This was never the case with Figure Of Eight and they gave us exactly the same attention, from quote and prep, through the build, during the event and load out. It's hard to fault their approach.
Joe Fletcher, Technical Director
Figure of Eight are wonderful to work with. They genuinely want the best for their client and go above and beyond to make it happen. Their service, approach and delivery is excellent!
CARDIFF CITY COUNCIL EVENTS
'I've thrown some pretty interesting Event problems at Figure of Eight, and they've always delivered solutions. I will continue to hire them as often as possible. Highly, highly recommended.'
INVISION TV LTD
In a world where 9 to 5 doesn’t cut it, Figure of Eight provides us with fully integrated solutions, building in broadcast resilience into projects by default.